Monday, October 15, 2012

I Love: The Lumia 920

Sometime in August, I was dreaming to get a Samsung Galaxy S3 - it's sleek, powerful and more importantly, boasts an 8-megapixel camera. My previous phone (still is actually, but it's broken so I'm phone-less) is a Nokia N97-mini ,and I just love its 5mp camera. I love taking pictures of any kind, so a phone's camera is really a big deal for me.

So after dreaming about the GS3 for a while and how crispier the photos I can take with it, I suddenly saw a new sparkling treasure that I hope to get:


The Lumia 920

Image courtesy of ZDnet


With its unique mono-block design and daring colors, Nokia's upcoming flagship smartphone is a breath of fresh air (for me, at least). It has a 1.5GHz dual core Snapdragon processor and runs on Microsoft's newest mobile OS, the Windows Phone 8. It has a 1gb RAM and has a storage capacity of a whooping 32gb. Sadly, for some people, it has no memory card slot. It's absolutely fine for me though, since I am sure it will take a year or so for me to use even a 16gb.


Anyway, what I really like about this new phone is its amazing camera. As I said before, I love taking pictures of random stuffs. Nokia boasts its greatest innovation in mobile photography yet, the PureView Technology. For non-geeks out there, there was already a phone in the market that features a PureView Technology, but it isn't of the same kind. I am not gonna discuss the details, but you can watch below the Lumia 920's PureView ad. (This is what got me hooked.) 
(You should take note however, that the ad is only a simulation and not the actual device's doing.)

Isn't it awesome or what? 


Another awesome thing about this phone, is its screen. We all know how tough Nokia's phones are, and the Lumia 920 is not an exception. You can use its screen to hammer a nail or two on the wall, and still - no damages or scratches or whatsoever. You can check its predecessor's torture test here.

And that's not all. Its capacitive touchscreen is super sensitive, which you can use even with gloves on. Its display technology is also said to be on par with the iPhone's Retina display, if not better. Its screen measures 4.5 inches, which is just great for viewing movies on the go. I know -- I'm a fan boy.

The phone's operating system is, nonetheless, the Windows Phone 8. It has a lot of improvements compared to the previous version which you should look forward to. And, if you are asking what is the edge of having a Windows Phone 8 compared to others, then let me answer you. It features a built-in Microsoft Office Suite, and has a better Skype integration (supposedly). It also shares the same kernel with its desktop version, which means easier and faster translation of applications. We should expect that Microsoft's promised 100,000 apps at launch in February will grow rapidly enough to compete against Android's and Apple's app market.


Engadget's Photo Shootout with the Lumia 920

So what's the price you ask? Well, in some countries it costs roughly the same as Samsung's 32gb Galaxy S3 and lower than Apple's iPhone 5. In Philippine Pesos, it might cost from P28,000-P32,000. (Mahal ba? It's $600-$700 unsubsidized in the US at AT&T) Well, with all the awesomeness it has, I have to say that it's worth every penny it costs.

For more details about Nokia's Lumia 920, you can check the product's official specifications here.

Please feel free to gift this awesome device to your dear tech enthusiast and yours truly, me. This is your typical fan boy just doing what fan boys do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment responsibly.